Tutorial - How to use the TransClust web interface with missing values
Cluster protein sequences by using a FASTA file and a missing values file
- Navigate to the TransClust web interface with missing values site
- Download the Example FASTA file
- Click on the file input field behind "FASTA file". A file chooser will open. Select the example file downloaded in the previous step.
- Select the "specify a gene list" option.
- Download the example gene list file
- Click on the file input field for the gene list. A file chooser will open. Select the example file downloaded in the previous step.Select that you want to specify missing values.
- Below, you can find further clustering and BLAST options. You can specify the lower bound and upper bound threshold, the stepsize between the thresholds and the evalue for the clustering. Leave those options on the default values.
- Click on "Advanced..." to enter further options. To evalutate the clustering you might want to provide a gold standard file. Download the this gold standard file. Click on the file input field below "Goldstandard file:". Click the "Cluster" button below to start the process.
- First the BLASTing is performed. Note that this can take a while depending on the size of your FASTA file.
- Aftert that, wait for the clustering process to finish. You can also receive an email, when the clustering is done by entering your email in the corresponding text-field in the top of the page and pressing the submit button. Or you bookmark the page by clicking on the "bookmark" link and return to check, if your results are ready.
- After the process is finished, the results are displayed. Use the tabs to switch through the different outputs.